22 July 2013

MALAYSIA PERSONAL INCOME TAX 【1】



MALAYSIA PERSONAL INCOME TAX Q&A1

1)      QCan I use the receipt that I bought comic books to deduct the tax?
 
AYes, you can use it to claim, except newspaper and banned and erotic book. Remember keep it nicely.

2)      QWhat is the limit of book relief?

AThe limit is not exceed than RM1, 000.00If you buy books with amount 800, then you may claim 800. You only can claim RM1, 000, even more than RM1, 000.

3)      QDo I have to enquirer a proper receipt if I buy magazine, or just let them open a general receipt?

ACan use handwriting general receipt. Make sure receipt has state the details.

4)      QMay I claim tax with the receipt that I see a doctor in clinic?

AYou may claim it if is your parent’s medical fee. You cannot claim it if is your medical fee.

5)      QCan I use my parent’s whole body checking fee as tax relief?

AWhole body checking is not in the Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri list, therefore cannot claim for it. It’s just for parent’s medical fee, nursing fee, fill a tooth.

6)      QCan I use my blood testing report fee as tax relief?

ACannot, blood testing report fee is not under whole body checking.

7)      QSay that I bought computer on February and bought another one on July same year. Can I total it up RM3100 as tax relief?

AIt’s only can claim three thousand wherever you have bought how many set of computer. The limit is RM3k.

8)       QI bought some books at MPH, I have kept them. Can this make as book relief?

A You can buy book anywhere as you like, but make sure keep it for lhdn’s checking.

9)      QI buy books in China, the amount of receipt is in ren min bi, can claim it?

AYes, you can. You keep it up; go to IRB website here这里look for in year 2013’s exchange rate, then transfer to Ringgit Malayisa RM to calculate.

10)  QI bought computer on January 2013, on other day; I bought RAM, Graphic Card on May 2013. May I total it up for relief?

AYes, you may, if all of them are buying on the same year, can assume them as a set of computer.

11)  QMouse, keyboard, earphone can be tax relief or not?   

AIt is not a tax relief if just computer accessories. It just only can if you have buy computer in the same year. Then you can total it up together to claim.

12)  QIf Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri wants check my supporting document, I should give them original one or photocopy? I am afraid that they will say didn’t received anything after I have give them the original one. Then the original one will be nothing already.

AYou give photocopy to them, but let them have a look on the original supporting document. After that, keep the original by yourself.

13)  QI bought computer on year 2010, and I claim it as tax relief on year 2011. If I buy another one on year 2013, when can I claim it again? What is the meaning of 3 years once time for computer tax relief?

AComputer tax relief is can claim it one time in 3 years. Therefore, you already claim it on year 2011, after 3 years that is on year 2014 may claim for it.

14)  QCan I take my mother in law’s medical fee to claim as tax relief? Does she in the list of parents as stated?

ACannot, mother in law’s medical fee cannot claim.

15)  QCan I claim my unlimited maxis line wired? The charge of monthly is RM88.

AYes, you may. The limit of is RM500.

16)  QCan I claim that I buy newspapers everyday?

ANo, you can’t. Other like comic books and magazine can claim as tax relief.

17)  AThe streamyx bill is not under my name, is under my mother’s name, but is me pay for it, so can I claim it as tax relief?

ANo, because that is not under your name, except you change the name under your name, then will be approve you can claim it.

18)   QI buy a sport shoes, can I use it as tax relief?

ASport shoes are not under personal income tax relief.


19)  QMy sister’s insurance is paid by me, may I use it as tax relief?

ANo, you cannot take your siblings’ insurance as tax relief, but your can take your children’s insurance as tax relief. If your father has to tax, hand over to your father to claim as tax relief.

20)  QCan I claim a massage machine under sport equipment tax relief?

ANo, this is an enjoyable purpose, is not a sport purpose.

2 comments:

  1. I'm paid for my mother chemotherapy and other medical expenses related to cancer treatment rm10,000.

    She is under insurance coverage and her premium is paid by my father.

    All the original receipt have been submitted to insurance co for claim. But my mother only able to received the claim 8,000 out of 10,000. The claim is received and kept by my mother.

    How much of medical expenses relief for my mother I can claim 10,000 or 2,000? Am I entitled to claim the relief by using the photocopy documents (including medical report and receipts)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, cannot claim because the original receipt have been submitted to other.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...